How do I import old emails into Mac Mail
To import back into Mail, launch Mail, choose File > Import Mailboxes, select Apple Mail from the Import window, and then click Continue after choosing the.mbox file you wish to import.
How do I transfer my old emails to my new Mac
Copy Your Mail Files
- If Mail is already open, close it.
- Launch the Finder.
- Locate the Mail folder by opening the Library folder in your Home folder.
- The Mail folder should be copied to the same location on your new Mac or system.
Where is the archive folder in Apple Mail
View archived emails When you archive a message, the message is moved to the associated email accounts Archive mailbox, which is created when you click the accounts Archive mailbox in the Mail sidebar of the Mail app on your Mac.
How do I restore a mailbox in Apple Mail
Rebuild mailboxes in Mail on Mac
- Choose a mailbox from the sidebar in the Mail app on your Mac.
- Choose Mailbox > Rebuild.
How do I copy all emails from Apple Mail
- While dragging the messages to a mailbox in the Favorites bar or the Mail sidebar, hold down the Option key.
- To copy the selected messages, control-click the message, then select a mailbox.
How do I save emails from Mac Mail to hard drive
Save emails as files or PDFs in Mail on Mac
- Choose one or more emails or messages from conversations in the Mail app on your Mac.
- Choose how you want to save the messages. Save messages as files: Choose File > Save As, then choose a format.
How do I transfer emails from my iPhone to my computer
Step 1: Open the “iTunes” feature on your Mac/PC and connect your iPhone with it using a USB cable. Step 2: When iTunes detects your iPhone, click on it in the upper left of the program. Step 3: When iTunes detects your iPhone, click on it in the upper left of the program.
What is an mbox File
The metadata file reflects the message metadata as recorded by Google, and the mbox file contains all the details for the exported messages, including message text and any attachments.
How do I Import OLM files into Apple Mail
- Activate Apple Mail.
- Invoke `File->Import Mailboxes` menu command.
- Click “Continue” after selecting “Files in mbox format” from the menu.
- In the following window, choose your MBOX files, and then click “Continue.”
- That's it. You are done.
Where are mbox files stored on Mac
On your Mac, launch the Finder application, choose Go from the main menu, choose “Go to folder…” from the menu, and then type /Library/Mail/V2 or /Library/Mail/V3 for Mac OSX Mail 5-8 and Mail, respectively.
How do I transfer emails from iphone to Mac
Sync Email with iCloud
- Mac (Apple Mail): Go to System Preferences > iCloud. Make sure you're signed in and Mail is selected.
- iOS Device (Mail): Go to Settings > iCloud.
- Other IMAP Client: Go to the app's account settings and either select an existing iCloud account or create a new account.
How do I Import an mbox File
Browse for the MBOX file in the specified location, then open Thunderbird, click on Tools, choose ImportExportTools, and click Import MBOX file. The option to directly import one or more MBOX files is pre-selected in the pop-up; simply click Ok.
How do I view an mbox File
About this article
- Launch the Mail App.
- In the top menu bar, select File.
- In the drop-down menu, select Import Mailboxes.
- Choose “Import Mbox files.”
- Press Choose.
- In the top-right corner of the Mail application, select Mailboxes.
- In the left sidebar, select Import.
- To open the mbox file, click its name.
How do I backup my Mac email to iCloud
Select your iCloud inbox from the list of mailboxes in the sidebar, choose Mailbox > Export Mailbox, pick a location for the mbox archive, and then click Choose to save it. If you want to make a backup copy of your entire iCloud mailbox, including every message and folder in the mailbox.
How do I transfer my Mail folders to a new Mac
Select one or more mailboxes in the Mac Mail app, then select Mailbox > Export Mailbox, select an existing folder or create a new one, and click Choose.
Does Apple Mail store emails on computer
To access, open the Go menu while holding down the option key, then select the Mail Folder. Archived emails in Mail are kept in a folder called On My Mac, which is a hidden folder on the users hard drive.
Where is my Mail folder on Mac
How to Access Stored OS X Mail
- Launch a fresh Finder window or click on your Macs desktop.
- Go can be found in the top menu bar by holding down the Option key.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Library.
- To find the Mail folder, scroll down.
Does Mac Mail Export subfolders
Open Mail, choose the desired mailbox, then choose Export Mailbox from the Mailbox menu. The export process will then start after you choose the location of the file and the “Export all subfolders” checkbox in the following window.